Thursday, December 20, 2012

On Dasher, On Dancer, On Comet On Cupid...

I had to laugh at myself with this one.  I had been searching for a Santa and Sleigh stamp to do a Christmas Card with.  I searched high and low not finding just the right one.  All the while, I forgot I had this Dreamweaver Stencil.  Sometimes when we have so many tools and products we forget what we have.  So I had to pull EVERYTHING Christmas that I have out.  My room is such a mess, but I love it!  This is how I get my inspiration; being surrounded by so many nice, pretty and fun things! I get so excited, and the wheels in my head just start cranking...oo, oo, I know what I can do with this, and oo that would be great with some glitz. I can stencil, stamp, ink, glitter, dry emboss, heat emboss, distress, alcohol ink, die cut, do some fun folds....it's endless! I never get tired of creating.  For this card I used an embossing folder, (I don't remember from what company, and there are no markings.) then colored with Distress Inks, Faded Jeans and Chipped Saphire. Next, I used my Versa Mark pen to color where I wanted the snow on the trees and hill and heat embossed with Stampendous' Winter Wonderland embossing powder.  I also dotted in the sky and heat embossed with Stampendous' Star Dust embossing powder.  I used the stencil and Black Gloss embossing paste for the Santa and sleigh. Last, I used white embossing enamel for the falling snow, then spritzed with a Shimmer Mist.  This picture really doesn't do it justice, you can't see the sparkle and shimmer, but it is beautiful in the lights.

No comments:

Post a Comment