Friday, December 21, 2012

A Nostalgic Christmas

I am such a sap for vintage and nostalgic anything. I found some free vintage Christmas prints on-line and fell in love.  For this card I used Tim Holtz Alterations Book Cover embossing folder for the card base and his Alterations Tattered Pinecone die for the greenery. The label is a Spellbinder's Shapabilities die. I used gold embossing powder in two layers. I stamped the "Merry Chirstmas" stamp with Versa Mark ink into it, then sprinkled a tinsel embossing powder over the letters and heat embossed again..  When it cooled I cracked it.  I added red gross grain ribbon attached by brass brads, a crinkled seam binding bow, and a punched eyelet lace border on the top of the image. The red netting is from the netting you find around a turkey. I'm pleased how it turned out.

No comments:

Post a Comment